We recently hosted our second Principal Appreciation Dinner for the high school principals in the Jacmel area. Our purpose was to thank them for partnering with us as they allow CIDM to teach Bible classes in their schools.
We shared CIDM’s vision, our heart for the Haitian youth and how these are Haiti’s future leaders. As the Word of God is taught, hearts are transformed, which is changing the nation of Haiti.
The Principals shared the following note-worthy changes they have seen since the Bible has been taught in their schools:
- The Bible students have better grades in all subjects
- Less violence and fighting among the students
- Less pregnancies
- Students’ over-all behavior has changed. They show more love and respect for each other, school administration and property
- The students display more hope for their future
- More students graduating and attending Universities
- Students often are heard and seen counseling each other with biblical values and guidance they’ve learned in their Bible class
- Many of the students who are following Christ have become role models for their classmates
- Students often take the initiative to pray at the beginning of their academic classes
- The high school campus is more peaceful
CIDM asked the principals what we can do to further partner with them and more effectively reach the students with biblical teachings and values.
The principals suggested ways we could more effectively reach the students:
- Organize some interactive activities related to bible teaching, such as holding bible competitions at each school
- Teach bible classes in more high schools (we’ve taught in 16 high schools this current year and look forward to more next year)
- Host more events gathering the principals together for training and community
Mr. Albert Etienne, an experienced school administrator at Hosanna Baptist School, conducted an informative training for the principals. He shared godly principles and organizational skills to teach and equip them in the important role as school principals. This is the only source of peer interaction they receive, as it’s not provided through their district or state. This teaching and interaction with other principals were extremely effective, and they learned ways to make a more positive impact in their schools and with their students. The forum was conducive to principals sharing their most challenging situations and asking for advice and help.
The evening was a huge success and it was a more blessed and fruitful time than we’d even anticipated. We were overjoyed that the evening brought opportunities of community, knowledge and growth to the principals, and greater insights for us at CIDM.
Please pray for CIDM and the schools in Jacmel as our leadership team prepares for the upcoming school year. Our prayer is for God’s favor with the principals and to teach the Bible in even more high schools in the 2021-22 school year.
Thank you for your prayers and financial partnership. Without you, this activity would not have been possible! DONATE NOW